- Twitter tests longer character limit
You may soon get to say a lot more on Twitter. The social media giant announced it is testing a longer character limit. The change will extend the current 140 characters to 280 for all languages except Japanese, Chinese and Korean. Users won’t see this change right away, though. Only a small percentage will be testing it at first, and according to the company, it is just a test and there is no guarantee this change will be available to everyone. Via Business Insider: http://www.businessinsider. ...
- Mac OS High Sierra makes the Mac a teeny, tiny bit better — for free
Mac OS High Sierra (macOS 10.13). As the new name suggests, it’s just a refinement of last year’s Mac OS Sierra. In fact, you could sum up what's new in an article about as short as this one.
- Pogue's Basics: Access YouTube's free music and sound effects
Want to add some cool sound effects or music to your YouTube video (or any video)?
- MIZUHO: Here's why Facebook has 'a realistic opportunity' to enter China in 2018
Facebook has a "realistic opportunity" to enter China in 2018, Mizuho analyst James Lee wrote in a note to clients on Tuesday. Lee came to the conclusion after meeting "various industry contacts" in China during a recent trip. Facebook's recent appointment of an executive to manage relations with China will help the company "understand the regulatory requirement and negotiate Facebook's operating structure in China," said Lee in the note, a copy of which was obtained by Business Insider.
- Apple's wireless charger may not ship with the new iPhones at launch
Apple is expected to include wireless charging as a core feature in the iPhones it launches on...
- The top 8 features we expect from Apple's next iPhone
Apple's 10th anniversary iPhone is nearly upon us. Here's everything we expect from what could be Apple's most important product in years.
- Apple's App Store is about to get a lot better with iOS 11
Apple's App Store is getting a major update in iOS 11, and it's going to make finding new apps far better.
- Why Equifax needs to give up some details about how it got hacked
Equifax was hacked and lost the information of 143 million Americans, and they need to tell us how.
- The best alternatives to Apple's new iPhone
Apple's iPhone 8 is nearly upon us, but not everyone is psyched. Here are the best alternatives for Apple's upcoming iPhone.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review: A big phone with bigger expectations
Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 is a wonderful smartphone, but its high price is a tough pill to swallow.
- Pogue's Basics: Link to a Facebook post
Yahoo's David Pogue has a sneaky way you can create a universal link to a Facebook item so that you can send or post to anyone.
- 4 amazing new gadgets you can't get in the US
There are some gadgets that are just too cool for us Americans.
- Why you might not want a laptop with a 4K display
More laptop makers are pushing the limits of design and performance, but high-resolution panels are hurting their batteries.
- The most important iPhone features ever
Apple's iPhone is one of the most important consumer gadgets ever made, and it has a lot to do with these simple features.