- The Essential Phone is a beautiful alternative to Apple's iPhone
The Essential Phone is the first handset from the father of Google's Android, and it's a solid alternative to Apple's iPhone.
- Norton's Core wants to be the ultimate watchdog for your home tech
The Norton Core is a Wi-Fi router designed to protect all of your connected devices.
- Your next smartphone's camera could get a huge improvement
Qualcomm's new depth-sensing camera technology could improve smartphone's and virtual reality headsets.
- How companies leave your data online without your knowledge
Your private data could be freely available online and there's little you can do about it.
- Google drops neo-Nazi site out of ‘immediate concern of inciting violence’
The Google logo is pictured atop an office building in Irvine, California, U.S., August 7, 2017. Google (GOOG, GOOGL) is cancelling the domain for the white supremacist site Daily Stormer due to a “specific, immediate concern about inciting violence,” a spokesperson told Yahoo Finance. The search-engine giant, which hosts website domains through its Google Domains service, made the decision to cut the cord to the hate site after GoDaddy (GDDY) told the Daily Stormer it had 24 hours to move to another domain hosting service.
- Pogue's Basics: Alexa reminders
Amazon has added the ability to add names to timers with Alexa.
- How the iPhone 8 and iOS 11 could make you a better photographer
Apple's upcoming iPhone 8 and iOS 11 should take your iPhone photography to the next level with these new features.
- Motorola's Moto Z2 Force has an unbreakable screen, but it isn't flawless
Motorola's Moto Z2 Force has an unbreakable screen, but it's got its drawbacks.
- The best back-to-school tech deals at Amazon, Apple, Best Buy and Target
If you or your kids are heading back to school, these are the tech deals you'll want to check out.
- Building a Lego robot can help you understand coding basics
Lego's new Boost kit helps introduce kids to the basics of coding.
- A massive EU privacy rule could bring an unexpected benefit for US consumers
A new European Union regulation could impact how social networks handle your data in the U.S.
- Pogue's Basics: The secret Start menu in Windows 10
Windows 10’s Start button harbors a secret: It can sprout a tiny utility menu. To see it, right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen, or (on a touchscreen) hold your finger down on it. There, in all its majesty, is the Start menu’s secret utility menu.
- 'Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle' might be the next big hit for Nintendo's Switch
Nintendo’s Mario is teaming up with Ubisoft’s bizarre rabbids in a new game that might be your next favorite Switch title.Mario is coming to Nintendo’s (NTDOY) new Switch console, but he’s sharing the spotlight with some relative unknowns. Ubisoft’s “Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle” is a turn-based strategy-style game co-starring Ubisoft’s (UBSFF) own rabbids, cartoonish bugged-eyed rabbits.
- Here’s what you need to watch for in Apple’s Q3 2017 earnings
Apple will announce its Q3 2017 earnings on August 1, and this is what you'll want to pay attention to.